Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter gave me a Harbor Freight gift card for Christmas, so I armed myself with that, a 20% coupon, a free gift coupon and a coupon for several dollars off the price of a heat gun if I spent $49.99 not counting the heat gun. That wasn't hard to do at all!
I left my wife in a department store and drove the mile or so to HF. I walked the aisles for as long as I dared leave my wife and changed my purchasing decisions about 100 times.
Finally, I settled on a pair of 36-inch clamps, a router template set, an angle gauge, a set of screw-together fiberglass rods to help me run wire in a wall, a set of screwdrivers, the heat gun, a free 24-pack of batteries, a 3/4" pipe clamp set...and probably three other things I've already forgotten about.
It was fun, and didn't cost me much money to boot.
I got back to the department store before the wife was done shopping, so that was a plus too.

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Sounds like a good day Ken . Buying tools is always for a good cause ;)

·
Premium Member
19,236 Posts
I am retiring my 36 inch clamps with the hand grip you cinch down. Anyone in Riverside, Sanbernardino, high desert or Inland Empire region want them? Come pick all 8 up and they'r yours, othewise its off to the charity shop for them. Don't love them, but the are virtually unused and I have an excess of large clamps. PM me if this works for you.

·
Premium Member
19,236 Posts
The shopping expedition really sounds great. Harbor Freight had a 20% discount coupon? I used those when they put their DC on sale, bought two for $187 each! If they're on sale with the discount, and you can get anywhere near that price, go get one.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to have one of those. My 1 hp is ok, but not great, so I'd like the bigger one.
Yep, they have a 20% coupon every month I think, but sometimes you need to look for it.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Be careful of the heat gun if you bought one. I bought one a couple of years ago knowing I wouldn't use it much. The second time I used it it caught on fire. I know I could have returned it but the trash can was more tempting and it won out. I don't buy anything electrical from HF after that experience. I have several of their clamps but that is about it.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Yep...two 36" clamps. I was tempted to buy more, but decided that I only need two...this trip.
Ha Ha, I was specific enough. I meant the $2.99 6 inch "F" style and the 12 inchers. I use them all the time to hold stuff and never had one fail.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha Ha, I was specific enough. I meant the $2.99 6 inch "F" style and the 12 inchers. I use them all the time to hold stuff and never had one fail.
The 36 inchers I bought are the F style quick release ones. I think they were $7.99 each. I have smaller clamps, though not enough, but didn't have any bigger ones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am retiring my 36 inch clamps with the hand grip you cinch down. Anyone in Riverside, Sanbernardino, high desert or Inland Empire region want them? Come pick all 8 up and they'r yours, othewise its off to the charity shop for them. Don't love them, but the are virtually unused and I have an excess of large clamps. PM me if this works for you.
Damn this is the problem with living the other side of the pond, you miss all the good stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts