Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minor toys, but...
I ordered the Woodpecker phenolic plate for my Bosch 1617, the plate template, and the pattern bit they suggest.

Currently I have a homemade table made from 2 pieces of 24" x 48" x 3/4" MDF glued together. It's heavy, but I was careful and it's really flat. Maybe not machine-shop flat, but easily flat enough for anything I'm doing.

Anyways, my original router is a Craftsman, for which I made a plate from ... I think it's polycarbonate. It's not the same size as the Woodpecker plate.

It looks like I can flip my table top, and route the recess for the woodpecker plate in the other side. That keeps from having to build a whole new table and also allows me to use my old router if I find that necessary.

Anyways... I did this to make it easier to do some of the work I need to do to complete the bathroom remodel. AND... I need to show the wife how much more productive I can be with good tools AND then I'll be able to order a non-home made table or fence or something. I'm reading about the Incra Pro II and wow... it looks very nice! :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gilbear said:
p.s.
does the productivity bit with the litle lady really work? Never thought of that - I usually just cry and whine and pound my fists!! (which doesn't work).
hehehe... yup... that's how I got my table saw. Course you have to actually build something for her that she's been wanting but you needed that new tool to get it done. After that she sees. Tehn she say, "I'd really like one of ...insert whatever project thing here...". And you say, "Oh I can do that. I just need to get a ...insert tool of your desire here..."

So far so good. I got my new router, a new table saw, a small band saw. ...

I'd like a drill press and a belt sander, but I going for the dust collection as my next thing.

"You don't want me to get SICK, do ya?"

<<evil grin>>

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I guess it pays to live not that far from Woodpecker's location. Ordered yesterday morning and it shows on UPS tracking as being on the truck for delivery TODAY. That's with standard shipping, UPS ground. I'm only one day away. I'm going to have my stuff before I'm actually ready to USE it! hehehe... very nice.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hmmm ... I like your productivity approach to tool purchases, but think I've shot myself in the foot - what I really want is a dedicated shop and a table saw - but I've already managed to build the Supreme Being her new coffee table and a set of six 3'x7' oak bookcases in a 1/2 garage work shop with only a circular saw and a router. Gonna have to give this some more devious Reikimaster-like scheming ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.