Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying for over a month to try and figure out how to design a waving flag code for my CNC machine. is there anyone that can help me figure it out or head me in the right direction. thanks

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Kyle; welcome! Lots of keen CNC woodworkers here. You may have to wait a day or two as sometimes it's a bit slow on weekends.
I've seen those wavy flags and they look so much better than the 'rigid' ones.

Here's one way... (not exactly what you're looking for but pretty nice!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i want but im trying to set something like that up on my CNC machine. the software im using is fusion 360 and carbide create. also have meshcam. im pretty new at CNC machines. i do look forward to learning from the professionals here.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
:)...just call me Dan, Kyle. I used to live in Vancouver hence the DaninVan screenname. We moved out of the city but I can still stand on the beach and see it (Vancouver).

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
You mean something like these?? The files can be bought from Design and Make for something like $10.

Attachments

Reactions: DaninVan

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
The instructables that Dan posted should get you what you are looking for. I know the easy way to do it in Vectric Aspire would be to use a two rail sweep for the wave. drop your flat model on top then cut the profile.

·
Administrator
David
3,986 Posts
nice to meet you dan, im kyle from las vegas, nv. thanks for your info. this might be easier to do on a mapping program.
Hi Kyle. When you get a minute complete your profile with first name so it won't show N/a in the left panel and add your location.

I use Fusion 360 but haven't tried to do anything like that. You have several operations going on there, actually. The alternating dark/light woods is one glue up and the stars on the blue background appear to be painted rather than inlaid. If you're wanting to inlay the stars that steps the game up to a whole new level. But just the 'wave' shouldn't be that difficult. It may be a day or two before I can look to see how to do this in Fusion 360, though.

David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.