Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making two solid oak end tables for my living room and I am in a quandry about how to make the molding for the drawer fronts. I want to put a mitered molding on the outer edge of each drawer front to add some detail to the front of each piece.
Help! what bits to use to make the molding, where to possibly get the molding. combination of bits to make molding any help will be greatly appreciated.
Width of molding should be about 3/4"
Breck

·
Registered
11,747 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You could look through MCLSs profile bits and see if something really catches your eye, or you could look for ideas from manufactured mouldings from companies like SAUDER.

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
My guess is molding glued to the front of a flat drawer face.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I have a question regarding this subject. I see a drawer like this one Fillmore Nightstand | Pottery Barn Kids and I am wondering, is this just some molding glued on top of a flat drawer or is there more to this that I am not seeing?
To me that looks like window casing with quarter round-over inside it.

Do a lot of this on furniture and mantles. Go to a hardware store or get a catalog. Mix and match profiles to get something that goes together for you, that you want to create.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.