Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do U like water ....
Water or Coke? I could not believe this..... Very interesting!

WATER
#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
That it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
For almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
Water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
For up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
Memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
The computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
Colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
Cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
Bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water
You should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries
Two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from
The highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke
And it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
Toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour,
Then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
Stains from vitreous China.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds
Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
Away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola
To the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
The baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke
Into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
Through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen
Grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
Windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1 the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric
Acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major
Contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the
Commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place
Cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean
Engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

Or Coke?

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Thanks Harry. I don't drink Coke but I also don't drink enough water. Useful information there in that post.

I knew a man who ran a wholesale supply business. I went in a few years ago after a fair absence and noticed that he had likely had a stroke since I had seen him last seen him. One side of his face was limp. He recognized me after a bit and we started up a conversation. I eventually asked him about what had happened to him and he confirmed that he had had a stroke. I asked him why and he replied that his doctor suspected that it had been caused by chronic (a condition that persists over a period of time) dehydration. So you can add that to the list above.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I read recently that "the 8 glasses of water a day" rule was sort of ambiguous in that it doesn't specify the size of glasses, and each person requires different amounts, by their size and weight.
There is no way I can drink that much water, I would be sloshing around inside and peeing every 10 minutes. I sip on coffee all day long, but they say that is worse. I don't understand that ,how does your body extract water from other foods like water melon ,but can't extract water from coffee.?
Herb

·
Registered
Theo
6,941 Posts
I died on an airplane once due to dehydration (aggravated by two quick whiskies). Some stats suggest that many old people die of dehydration because they don't want to have to get up every hour to pee.
No problem. Very bad back, getting up is not easy sometimes, and never really quickly, but sitting up on the side of the bed is no problem. So, I use urinal jugs. Empty in the morning. No problem. And I have a bottle of water handy so can get water with no problem either.

You have a problem, you think about the problem, you solve the problem. No biggie.

By the way, I dowsed for my well before it was drilled. Water was struck at 190 feet (weak flow), continued down to 210 feet, and got 40 or 50 gallons per minute. Water has been tested twice, results identical each time - almost chemically pure.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Harry, don''t get me started on the importance of water.
There is one thing you did not mention. Coke is very acidic, about the same as vinegar. Water as we drink it does not affect tooth enamel. Coke is about 300 times more acidic than the acidity at which tooth enamel begins to dissolve.Black Coffee is about 3 times as acidic as the tooth-enamel dissolving acidity. The mouth restores the level of acidity to a tooth enamel safe level in 20 to 30 minutes. Hence, do not brush your teeth for about half an hour after drinking Coke!

(I am resisting the temptation to show a pH scale annotated with some biological and health related items)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Well, for many years I was what some might call a Coca-Colahaulic. I, for many years drank 5 to 6 cans of Coke, a day. Like most need there coffee after breakfast, I needed a Coke. Then I would have one around 10am, one with lunch, one a 2pm, one with supper, and then one around 7 or 8pm. Sometimes 2 between supper and bedtime. About 10 years ago, I switched to diet Coke, when I became a borderline diabetic. Then when I had two bouts with cancer (testicular and lymph node, 3 years apart), both contributed by my undescended testicles, so the doctors said, I still took it upon myself, to cut down on the soda. For the past 3 years, I'm down to 2 diet sodas a day. Mostly during the week. At night and weekends, I drink tea with sugar substitute. But I've worked my way down to just half of the called for, substitute. Just use more lemon!

I may have had 5 or 6 bouts of heartburn, my entire life, and nothing that one antacids (Tums) couldn't take care of. I've never had reflux problems or any stomach problems. My wife, on the other hand, gave up Pepsi, 30 something years ago, and only drank one or two, when she did drink them, and has constant stomach problems. Bad reflux and ulcers. I can eat anything, and never have stomach problems.

My Mom and Dad, both had bypass surgeries, before they were my age now, of 58. Before my testicular cancer surgery, I had to go through a Echocardiogram and a cardiac stress test. They said I had no blockages. So the Coke might do a job on house plumbing, but it must also have kept my pipes cleaned, as well. (im knocking on wood, with my foot, as I type this...)

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You my dear friend should NOT be drinking Coke, full stop!

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe every word you say Tom (except about climate change!)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I gave up drinking pop about 2.5 years ago, and almost exclusively drink water, and some orange juice. This summer started taking much longer walks with the dogs. I may not look it, but I am in the best shape I have been in in many years, and feeling great.

·
Registered
Theo
6,941 Posts
Last time I drank Coke was sometime in 1963, it started hurting my stomach.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The glass size they refer to is an 8 ounce glass - eight 8 ounce glasses used to be the standard for a 150 # person. For a 200# person, 70 ounces - about 9 glasses. The hotter it is or the more active you are, the more you need. The darker the urine, the more dehydrated you are.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts