Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an M12v for my router table on Amazon for about $130. I figured if it was good enough for you (even if the episodes I watch are a few years old) then it must be decent enough for my use.

Needless to say, this router has a lot of power and it seems a lot less noisy than the PC890 I've been using in my router table. I wasn't sure what to expect by going with more hp, but it plows grooves right through stock a heck of a lot cleaner and easier than my old router did.

I know people have opinions on whether they remove the tabs in the router that retain the bushings and after mounting the router to a new plate, I decided to remove them. I used a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade when I was in the process of removing the springs. The jigsaw easily removed the majority of the tabs and a bastard file smoothed the rough edges.

With the Rousseau plate I got, my bushings lock into the plate or I can snap out the plastic reducers and install my 3 1/2" panel raising bit without any interference. Thanks for the good information I got here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Paul,
I bought the M12v for the new table I am building as well. I am anxious to try it out. I plan to clip the tabs also. I am building a router workshop clone table. It seems to really work well for Rick and Bob. I'll post photos of the table when complete.

The table seems much smaller in person (16X30) than on the programs. Nevertheless, space is tight in my workshop.

deck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was using my new router again today and still feel like its a really good router. At the kind of prices around right now on the M12v, I'm seriously considering getting a second one to use as a plunge router.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts