Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Way cool. I love the music and dancing of the 1940s. If you get a chance to watch or listen to the late Amy Winehouse sing, you'll be surprised to hear the 1940s flavor of her otherwise very modern works. To bad she did herself in, she was great.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is nice. The title says USAF band during WWII. The Air Force was not formed until after WWII. It was originally the Army Air Corp. Also if you see in the video there were people filming with their smart phones. Not invented then.
A good re-enactment, yes, but not authentic.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I beg to differ Steve Besides the audience and the electric guitar it was accurate. The performers were wearing the Eighth Army Air Corps patch on the uniform of the day.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is nice. The title says USAF band during WWII. The Air Force was not formed until after WWII. It was originally the Army Air Corp. Also if you see in the video there were people filming with their smart phones. Not invented then.
A good re-enactment, yes, but not authentic.
It clearly stated: WW11 holiday FLASHBACK, the audience which were not aware beforehand of the performance could hardly have had their cameras and phones confiscated!

Reactions: Frankj3

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
No it doesn't, it says 'USAF band WWII holiday flashback'.
........ And I loved it. Always love hearing military bands doing stuff other than marches. My brother was in the Royal Marine Band service for a number of years and listening to the variety they could perform was great.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Whatever it says.....who cares......it was FANTASTIC!! Thanks for sharing Sir Harry!!!

I grew up in a house where I was taught to listen to, appreciate and enjoy all kinds of music. But my favorite has always been big band and swing music! THAT WAS MUSIC THAT GOT YOU "IN THE MOOD"!!! (Pun intended!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts