1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Here is one I'm considering so it will give you an idea of what I want. I would naturally want all the bang for my buck I can get. Any help and advice is what I need. larry

Buy Porter-Cable 893PK Reconditioned 2-1/4 HP Multi Base Router Kit

Also this,
Amazon.com: Milwaukee 5616-24 2-¼ -Max-Horsepower EVS Multi-Base Router Kit Includes Plunge Base and BodyGrip Fixed Base: Home Improvement

Any suggestions?
Hi Larry :)
Both routers are well spoken of. Guess the next question would be what you are planning on using it for.
In my opinion the Porter Cable is a bit high for a recon. Should be able to get a good reconditioned machine for around $150.
Here are a few more to look at, the last one is a plunge only but it is a 3 1/4 hp in case you want to go big. It is a single speed without soft start. It would be perfect for a table with a remote speed control. Those things are getting hard to find.

Factory Reconditioned Bosch 1617EVSPK-RT 2.25 HP Combination Plunge & Fixed-Base Router Pack

DEWALT DW618PKR Factory-Reconditioned 2-1/4 HP EVS Fixed Base & Plunge Router Combo Kit

Hitachi M12SA2 3-1/4 Peak HP Plunge Router, Single Speed (Reconditioned)

:D

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Here is one I'm considering so it will give you an idea of what I want. I would naturally want all the bang for my buck I can get. Any help and advice is what I need. larry

Buy Porter-Cable 893PK Reconditioned 2-1/4 HP Multi Base Router Kit

Also this,
Amazon.com: Milwaukee 5616-24 2-¼ -Max-Horsepower EVS Multi-Base Router Kit Includes Plunge Base and BodyGrip Fixed Base: Home Improvement

Any suggestions?

How do they "feel" in your hands? Are they comfortable, the switch easy to get to, etc., etc. If it doesn't feel right in your hands, odds are, you won't like to use the tool and money wasted.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sears has a combo on sale now for $99.00..A s**t load of people have purchased this setup..

Regards,
George
"Regulae Stultis Sunt"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys that is a big help. I'll check out all of them. John I did notice the Hitachi is on back order. Not sure they will get any more but I signed up to be notified. I may have to buy more than one as this is looking pretty good. Is there such a thing as being router addicted? :happy:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way... I want to build kitchen cabnets and I have a stock of Cherry that I want to build my own casket out of. I love real wood. larry

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Thanks guys that is a big help. I'll check out all of them. John I did notice the Hitachi is on back order. Not sure they will get any more but I signed up to be notified. I may have to buy more than one as this is looking pretty good. Is there such a thing as being router addicted? :happy:
yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts