Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have narrowed my choice for an aluminum router plate between INCRA MagnaLock RT and Woodpecker. I still need to decide between INCRA's steel reducing rings, or Woddpecker's polycarbonate reinforced ABS rings. Do you think one system is better than the other? It seems like either one would be a nice plate. Any pros or cons to help with the decision. I have no experience with either plate. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The one thing I like about the Incra over the Woodpecker is that the incra rings don't require a tool to switch them out as they have a magnet to hold them in place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have both incra and jessem lift which is the same as the woodpecker and prefer the incra because of the magalock ring inserts.
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have narrowed my choice for an aluminum router plate between INCRA MagnaLock RT and Woodpecker. I still need to decide between INCRA's steel reducing rings, or Woddpecker's polycarbonate reinforced ABS rings. Do you think one system is better than the other? It seems like either one would be a nice plate. Any pros or cons to help with the decision. I have no experience with either plate. Thanks.
After one bad run with drilling my own router plate.... I bought the woodpecker and could not be any happier. I did have to drill for above the table height adjustment but that was easy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have no experience with the incra - but I can say I'm very happy with the Woodpecker's plate. It has four threaded holes to attach a pin or one of the best little accessories I have ever bought: their Dust Guard. I can cut dovetails on my router table all day with over 99% of the dust being collected by the Dust Guard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts