Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noticed new posts on a bunch of threads that are old . They came up as recent but are still old posts with no recent activity . The name Mohammed shows that he's posted in the threads , yet there's no actual post by him ?
Or there's a glitch in the system ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I noticed the same thing...sent a note to Mods...guessin' there mighta been some deletin' going on...

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that makes sense now . They deleted the post , and maybe the thread still shows recent posts?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Noticed the same thing. Will have have to bring Cricket in from the prairie.

HJ

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I thought I had banned him once before. Anyway did it again. All his links were to wireless routers. If he comes back again I'll dig up the procedure to see if I'm missing something. Either I missed a time limit in the procedure or he came back and posted new ones. We see old posts resurrected all the time when someone goes to the homepage and starts browsing through the old posts in the various sub forums.

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
This may be the hacker that got into the system before just showing us that they can still access the system even after all the changes.

Reactions: jw2170

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We see old posts resurrected all the time when someone goes to the homepage and starts browsing through the old posts in the various sub forums.
Yes but what had me confused is the fact that I seen his name on the page that says new posts , but yet when I opened the thread his name was not there, and the last person that posted had done it quite a while back , yet it was updated .
I suspect his post was removed and the system still said it had a recent post ?

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I had the system remove all his posts at the same time I banned him so I don't know if that was before or after you saw them. There is also a redirect function that will remove them for a specified time period and I may have overlooked that. I'll keep an eye for him to see if he comes back and if he does I'll go through the procedure more carefully. I also can't always be sure if I'm seeing what you are seeing as the system allows me access to things that regular members don't see or can't do. Editing is one example. I can go back and edit a post at any time but regular members have a time limit. Once in a while I'll go into a member's post and correct major typos or spelling errors that make it difficult to figure out what they meant or delete an email address or inappropriate language for example.

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well sorry for the false alarm Charles . I was just worried we were compromised .
Looks like I jumped the gun .
I'm just getting paranoid , as at work we've really stepped up security , so it makes me think there must me some recent issues on the net .

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
No worries Rick. Better to be concerned and it turn out to be nothing that the other way around. As I was saying, I might have missed the handling the re-direct function correctly and those posts may have come back automatically after the time limit had expired. Also, since we work on Google's Cloud, I'm not sure how it handles the post count. I know that each post has a time stamp attached to it and you can't move one post with a later time stamp ahead of an earlier one. I have had that issue when trying to combine posts.

If I see this guy again I'll dig into it more deeply and may sure of all the facts. I was a little in a hurry the other day and when I saw his posts my thoughts were "what is this jackass doing back, I thought I banned him already" so I didn't really think about anything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts