Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I seen that before, but i can't remember where? Its better that throwing them all away.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
I'm with you Marco, Americans will buy anything that looks tricky :)

That's when the brad nailer comes in real handy,20 or 30 brad nails in some scrap stock and you have a stand off..(paint stand) :)

=======

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
My pyramids consist of ¾"x1¼" squares of wood with drywall screws through the center. Works for me.

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think I got some of those as a gift for Christmas. Gee, I hope their not poison is.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I remember the first time I saw the Rockler items I thought "Huh?" I guess if somebody demonstrated right in my face how marvelous they were (are) I'd me more inclined to buy them. Nothing against Rockler-I've done lots of business with them-but I suspect they have a warehouse full of them and some pointy headed little old guy over in the marketing section is trying to find a new way to sell them.
Go ahead, call me a skeptical old fart.
You'd be right!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
What I have found with the things is that if your stock isn't perfectly flat the loose ones like to walk out from under it so when you do get to that part of the board, nobodys home.:bad:
They aren't bad for sanding, use them a lot for that. They leave the top clear and quicker to set up then the cam board. I haven't got a sanding box so if you have one, that's one more reason you don't need the things. Got 'em as a gift so I'll use 'em.:)

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
To paint, I usually bang a couple 1 1/4" brads into an edge on the item and hang it from the floor joists.

For sanding I've used a router mat, bench dogs, vice, wooden blocks and even a nail banged into the table.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts