Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an incra 25 inch positioner. I am thinking of buying a shorter positioner from incra. I also have a second router table from Rockler. I am thinking of building an offset router table with my Rockler fx lifts at each end to save space. Please post any pics you have of double router tables or ideas for one.

Attachments

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,945 Posts
Are you setting up for mass production? The set-ups below give ideas for cabinet production or small project production. The type of work is going to determine the best layout for the two routers.

Here's two different takes on multiple router tables that I remember

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Interesting post. While I did build a single router table in the flavor of Norm Abrams I also added the router table extension to my Sawstop just for the LS Positioner for the added space when doing larger projects. For me this worked out as a better space savings and fitting my needs.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The problem is the router bits can't conflict with each other. Depending on what you build depends on the size cabinet you will need. This is why a tablesaw wing router and a separate cabinet work well...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My main problem is space. Plus I like to leave a router bit setup till the end of a project if possible. Sometimes I have to make a replacement part or rework a part. Having two router tables is handy but takes up too much space. The new table will be offset and wider than the current one. The top will be formica with tee tracks front to back and miter track slots in the fronts. Just wondering if anyone had already invented that wheel. I won't get to this untill new year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts