Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a while to be able to register as the forum was a little wacky, but I'm in now.
I've been "dabbling" in wood work for years, but only in the last year have I had the the space to build "daddies play room":)
Actually never used a router, picked up a Skil 1825 on evilbay for $35, bought a fixed base for it.
I work in the pharma industry, so as a router table I've got a 30"X43" lab bench on wheels with a 1" phenolic top(solid phenolic)
Well, it just about destroyed me trying to make a dent in this thing, so I have now laminated two 3/4 MDF panels with Formica either side and an Oak edge.
Still working on it, I'll post pictures once it's done, but my first "real" use of the router was to trim the laminate :sold:
What a wonderful tool it is, looking forward to some serious play time.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome to the RouterForums vapochilled. Glad to have a dabbler join our community of woodworkers. Glad to hear you will post some pics when you finish your table.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.