Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, I have a Carvewright (Coumpucarve) that I updated to a Carvetight. Turned out to be the best thing I could do to the CW.
I have made several things with it.:sarcastic:
Have had a lot of menchincal problems, they seem to have faded away slowly.
Hopeful I can move on up with quality and quantly.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Welcome,Gary

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Gary.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The CW upgrade to the "C" type machine is the best thing CW has offered to the owners of their older machines. Rightfully so, many posts have been written about the drawbacks of the A & B machines but with the opportunity to upgrade with out buying a C type was a good choice for the company. I sent my machine in two years ago this month and it has been operating as expected since it's return to me. Good goin' LHR! Kudos! We're all looking foreword to to the rollout of new machines in a larger format and newer, bigger better styles.

The Woodworkers Show for Denver has been moved back from Nov. to Feb. and I look foreword to manning the CW booth again to support, endorse and sell a quality machine. No longer is it a garage-hobbiest tool, I use it to enhance and add to my woodworking projects for income. Really gives me a 'leg up' that customers can appreaciate to persomalize their projects. Thanks again LHR for the true progress.

I'd like to hear from other owners about their experiance with the upgrade and what they do with their great machine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh so very true that that CarveTight chuck has probably been the #1 improvement made to the machine. It was a fail point if not maintained correctly and in a lot of cased that did not help as there were balancing issues. Some of the other upgrades in the C version were actually done as a results/impact that were caused by the quick change chuck. Bottom line is the C version is a more robust system but as Bradly said the A and B machines that have been upgraded are doing very well.

See you in Denver Brad...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts