Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, glad I found this web site. Stumbled across it researching router tables and lifts. I've been wood working 35+ years and still feel like a newbie. I have pretty good selection of tools, Delta Unisaw , Delta 6" jointer, Delta 13" thickness planer , 5 full size routers(DW625, 2-DW618 , Bosch 1.75hp, Rigid 2930 and 2 trim routers)and many other necessities . Whats the old saying, you can never have to many clamps or routers! Retired 6 years ago and moved to the Mountains outside of Los Angeles Ca. Current project is building "Norms router table", adding a JessEm lift to the build with DW618 (DW625 is tired 20+years in a modified Craftsman RT and still works well). At this point I am trying to figuire out mouting lift without buying JessEm's template and get the corner radius right. Anyway glad to be here,I know I will learn alot.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome N/A to the forums...
to the cut the corner radii you need a ½'' straight or mortise bit..
don't forget to cut the hole w/ a rabbet for the plate that is about ½'' wide and a skosh over 3/8'' deep...
for the rest of it, is this what you are looking for???
I did a modified Norms' RT also...
changed the DC all around a tad too...
there are sub forums here for routering help at this link and for Dust Collection at this link...

Attachments

Reactions: Woodpecker101

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hi,Ray; welcome!
If you have a moment maybe copy and paste your intro post into your bio...just click on 'Woodpecker101' and a menu will open up for you.
Your first post is pretty comprehensive and is perfect if anyone wants to know more about you in the future; your first post will disappear into the archives after a few days and not readily available.

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ray. Great bunch of members ,I’m sure you’ll enjoy it here.
Btw we like pics if your willing to share

·
Registered
18 Posts
Greetings, glad I found this web site. Stumbled across it researching router tables and lifts. I've been wood working 35+ years and still feel like a newbie. I have pretty good selection of tools, Delta Unisaw , Delta 6" jointer, Delta 13" thickness planer , 5 full size routers(DW625, 2-DW618 , Bosch 1.75hp, Rigid 2930 and 2 trim routers)and many other necessities . Whats the old saying, you can never have to many clamps or routers! Retired 6 years ago and moved to the Mountains outside of Los Angeles Ca. Current project is building "Norms router table", adding a JessEm lift to the build with DW618 (DW625 is tired 20+years in a modified Craftsman RT and still works well). At this point I am trying to figuire out mouting lift without buying JessEm's template and get the corner radius right. Anyway glad to be here,I know I will learn alot.
Welcome woodpecker101, I'm a recent new member too and after reading all your "bio" and seeing you're in the Mountains outside LA I got to ask, where, I live in BBL and would love to have someone close by with way more sawdust on them than I do. Toss me a line and see if we're close.
Bruce

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
G'day Ray. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ray. Opposite corners from each other but this forum brings you closer to more knowledgeable people who willingly give their knowledge and experience to those requesting. It's a bit like having a library on hand. While you'll find varying ideas, which is good in my opinion, it certainly is a way to see things differently which opens all kinds of possibilities.

Your router table project is very popular with many variants out there. I made mine using the plans I found on Ultimate Router Table . I made a few changes to mine and did use a Woodpecker's Super fence and table top. I just liked the features better then trying to make mine. I added the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II as well. Think out the side drawer designs and the larger drawers in the base. You can decide how many and what size. Think about tool storage and bit storage as they will be a constant if you use it as much as I do.........keeping handy the lift wrench, plate wrench, and the on/off switch. You have a good deal of flexibility on this build.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum, Ray

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Ray...great intro...!

·
Registered
21,698 Posts
Lots of mountain areas North and East of L.A. I live up the Cajon Pass near Victorville, just 40 minutes down the 138 from Big Bear Lake. With Bruce in Lake Arrowhead, we've practically got a Cluster going here. There is someone in Rancho Cucamonga (name slipped away) Maybe we could meet sometime for coffee and to get to know a fellow sawdust maker or two? Rockler is in Ontario and about the only WW store in the region. It is a quarter mile north of the I 10 at the Milliken offramp, the 210 as a little North of it, but also on Milliken. I like to drive down the hill once in awhile to fondle some power tools. But it's also a nice drive up to BBL and a couple of fun greasy spoons to meet. There is also a back road to Arrowhead from the high desert that goes through Crestline. Pretty fast to get up there as well.

Would like to meet some Saturday a.m., most weeks are OK for me except Feb 22. We can arrange meet via PM or set it up here and see if we can rustle up a few more wood addicts in the area.

A

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Tom , sometimes the internet isn't so big after all,I seem to have alot "neighbors " on this website. Sadly Rockler is the only woodworkers store in the area anymore. Hard to clasiffy Home depot or Lowes as such! Use to enjoy the wood working shows a couple of times a year , but no more!

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
.........I live up the Cajon Pass near Victorville, just 40 minutes down the 138 from Big Bear Lake. ......

Would like to meet some Saturday a.m., most weeks are OK for me except Feb 22. We can arrange meet via PM or set it up here and see if we can rustle up a few more wood addicts in the area.

A

Had lunch at Victorville during our road trip .... Great to sit a down to lunch and watch the trains pass near by...:smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.