Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a router connected to the only ethernet jack my dorm services give me. I connected the yellow port into the wall as the picture on the box suggests. I assuming it is the WAN port. Then I hook up my other devices from the router through more ethernet cables.

I have done anything else but make these simple lego connections.

The network is surprisingly fast on both computers, and I immediately thought "this is to good to be true."

I found out today that the dorm's keycard making system has gone down.
I'm really hoping I have nothing do to with this, or anything worse.:D

PS my school's network is Resnet

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
"I'm using a router in my dorm room, and I want to make sure I'm not disturbing anyone"
ROTHFLMAO! :)
Could be worse; a jointer or planer...

·
Official Greeter
19,126 Posts
This is a forum for wood working routers.

I trust you take more time to read your exam papers.

PS. I doubt the two incidents are related.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
If no one complains about the noise and sawdust, I'd say you have it made. :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
ummmm N/A I think you're in the wrong area. Thinking you might need to read before you join forums? Did you even look around and see the topic titles? roflmao todays college kids *smh*

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ask a buddy to practise on a bass guitar while you rout...

Is resnet a hardwood?

What are you studying anyway?

ROTFLMAO here too!!! And you're in a Nation that has nuclear weapons...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,058 Posts
Me thinks you are in the wrong place.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Make sure you always are wearing hearing protection and safety glasses, with the proper prescription, so you can read the instructions and protocol that apply to your router. You should also always have an OSHA approved first aid kit and a large supply of Bandaids available in the unfortunate event you injure yourself or one or more of your dorm mates with your router. And remember, K.I.S.S.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Pictures Please

We want to see the look on your face when you read these replys! You can read???
We'd love to see you doing some routing in your dorm room!! What's your solution for collecting the sawdust???

·
Registered
223 Posts
Make sure you always are wearing hearing protection and safety glasses, with the proper prescription, so you can read the instructions and protocol that apply to your router. You should also always have an OSHA approved first aid kit and a large supply of Bandaids available in the unfortunate event you injure yourself or one or more of your dorm mates with your router. And remember, K.I.S.S.
Hey Mike you have covered a few of the basic supplies that should be consider but you final instruction possibly opens up a whole new equipment need... IF this is a co-ed dorm and your instruction was to remember KISS you better include condoms as part of the safety equipment that should be on hand !

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
A

What are you studying anyway?

ROTFLMAO here too!!! And you're in a Nation that has nuclear weapons...
I,m guessing it's neither woodworking, not computer science/IT:laugh:

·
Official Greeter
19,126 Posts
"The Game" was back at 7:40am today, so presumably, has read the replies......

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
"The Game" was back at 7:40am today, so presumably, has read the replies......
If he didn't reply then, then he probably isn't going to. If he had bothered to finish filling out his personal profile he might have figured it out. Just one more good reason to do that.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Doesn't it make you get a warm feeling just knowing that this is the future of our country AND they vote too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Safety Equipment

Hey Mike you have covered a few of the basic supplies that should be consider but you final instruction possibly opens up a whole new equipment need... IF this is a co-ed dorm and your instruction was to remember KISS you better include condoms as part of the safety equipment that should be on hand !
Condoms on hand??? YOU are in trouble Friend!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts