Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find some dimension for a collet and nut, for a craftsman model # 32017451 router. I realize they are obsolete and no longer make replacement parts, but, does anyone know how I can find a substitute collet and collet nut that will work? Someone is selling for $31 on eBay which is a complete rip off. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
G'day Robert. welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
At todays prices, that doesn't sound like a bad price for an obsolete and hard to find part. You had better grab it, or spend a few more bucks and replace the router with a brand that is still available as well as replacement parts, but buy spares early, since it could become obsolete soon too. .

Charley

·
Registered
I always like to trade....always like to sell
330 Posts
I'm trying to find some dimension for a collet and nut, for a craftsman model # 32017451 router. I realize they are obsolete and no longer make replacement parts, but, does anyone know how I can find a substitute collet and collet nut that will work? Someone is selling for $31 on eBay which is a complete rip off. Any advise is greatly appreciated!
Have you tried a Musclechuck? I have an old Craftsman 2-1/4 hp router that sat on my shelf for years and when my Bosch 1617 with a Musclechuck finally gave after years of use in my router table I found out that the collet from my Bosch fit the craftsman perfectly.

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have you tried a Musclechuck? I have an old Craftsman 2-1/4 hp router that sat on my shelf for years and when my Bosch 1617 with a Musclechuck finally gave after years of use in my router table I found out that the collet from my Bosch fit the craftsman perfectly.
I found that collets from other brands fit my Craftsman routers. Performax, Bosch,
and several other brands fit the Craftsman router with no issues. You have to remember that Craftsman doesn't make most of their own tools. They contract out to manufactures to make the Craftsman brand tools. Those manufactures also contract out to make the same tool for several other Brands. Just under different names and colors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.