1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tool: Incra 1000se miter gauge.
Reviewer: Boxer
Rating: 9 of 10
Review: I bought this when I bought my new table saw, instead of making a new miter sled. I bought it from Woodpecker, along with an auxiliary fence and a replacement MDF sub-fence Woodpecker makes for the Incra. I thought it would improve my 45* & 90* cuts, but I never thought that they would be perfect. And that is the first time, every time. It takes a little time to get it assembled and square, but after that, it's gravy. It has a telescoping fence from 18" to 31". It also incorporates flip-stop for repeated cuts. A big selling point for me. The protractor head is a piece of cake to operate, and is dead on. The only down side for me is that the fence is too short to support some of the pieces I want to miter, so I adjust my blade to 45* and cut them flat instead. But it's a fair trade-off for the accuracy I'm getting. [BNote[/B], I've never used anything but stock miter gauges, so I have no other basis of comparison. There may be better out there, but I'm pretty much sold on Incra. And I'll be using them when I upgrade my router fence later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Well actually I do not think there is better out there.

My Incra 5000 is the best I have ever used and I have tried every new miter gauge that comes out. I started with a Incra Miter 3000 and then moved to the 5000.

If I had to choose a second best I would say the Woodhaven.

The reason I went with the 5000 is that the fence extends to 60" and I wanted a sled based miter gauge. It was worth every penny and I do not regret the purchase at all.

I am sure you will get many years of great use out of your Incra 1000.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Tool: Incra 1000se miter gauge.
Reviewer: Boxer
Rating: 9 of 10
Review: I bought this when I bought my new table saw, instead of making a new miter sled. I bought it from Woodpecker, along with an auxiliary fence and a replacement MDF sub-fence Woodpecker makes for the Incra. I thought it would improve my 45* & 90* cuts, but I never thought that they would be perfect. And that is the first time, every time. It takes a little time to get it assembled and square, but after that, it's gravy. It has a telescoping fence from 18" to 31". It also incorporates flip-stop for repeated cuts. A big selling point for me. The protractor head is a piece of cake to operate, and is dead on. The only down side for me is that the fence is too short to support some of the pieces I want to miter, so I adjust my blade to 45* and cut them flat instead. But it's a fair trade-off for the accuracy I'm getting. [BNote[/B], I've never used anything but stock miter gauges, so I have no other basis of comparison. There may be better out there, but I'm pretty much sold on Incra. And I'll be using them when I upgrade my router fence later.
I second every word of this review. I have the 2000, which is all I need, and it will cut PERFECT angles all day long. Nice stop block and you can fabricatee an extension if you need it. Very nice tool and very well made.:big_boss:

·
Banned
189 Posts
Great review. My new tablesaw is being delivered early May and I'm looking at the Incra 1000SE and Miter Express sled combo on Woodpeckers for ~$230
I hear nothing but great things about this miter gauge.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It looks nice, I just have a problem paying half or more of what the saw is worth for just a miter gauge. Plus I don't think I can convince She who actually buys the things to go for it.

On the other hand I have noticed that the miter gauge of the new saw decreased in quality almost as much as the fence increased in quality. So maybe I will end up looking for an aftermarket miter gauge after all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
100se

It looks nice, I just have a problem paying half or more of what the saw is worth for just a miter gauge. Plus I don't think I can convince She who actually buys the things to go for it.

On the other hand I have noticed that the miter gauge of the new saw decreased in quality almost as much as the fence increased in quality. So maybe I will end up looking for an aftermarket miter gauge after all.
Well Derek, all I can do is echo what I said way back when: you won't regret buying this particular "tool" The first time you slap it down and whack out perfectly matching 45's one after another you'll agree...with a big GRIN on you face.Fool with it a bit at the beginning to get a feel for how it works etc. and you'll be set. I have it hangin on the side of my JET table saw and it stays ight there at all times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.