Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Years ago I downloaded from somewhere a software program that would print custom dovetail templates for my Incra Jig. I've used it with good results ever since. A month or so ago my computer crashed and I lost the program. I hadn't thought to back up since it was readily available then. I've searched but cannot find a link that works now. Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jon. No doubt some of the Incra folk will come to your aid.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

The PDF file below has one you can print out :) see it on the last page of the manual...

http://www.routerforums.com/incra-manuals/32962-incra-lite.html

===

Hello All,

Years ago I downloaded from somewhere a software program that would print custom dovetail templates for my Incra Jig. I've used it with good results ever since. A month or so ago my computer crashed and I lost the program. I hadn't thought to back up since it was readily available then. I've searched but cannot find a link that works now. Any ideas on where to look?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello Jon! I read Your post Yesterday, but in Michigan, We have been having Ice Storms! I have used one some years back, called Template Maker by Crestline. I have been trying to get it online, but I can not get online to the program. The address is, or used to be
:www.TemplateMakerbyCrestline. More than that I am not sure of. This may be the one Your mentioning! You can give it a try. Sorry I can't be more precise, Lines are down all over Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,944 Posts
Hello welcome to the forum Jon

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Router Forums - View Single Post - Dovetail template

http://www.routerforums.com/guide-bushings-templates/21241-dovetail-template.html
http://www.routerforums.com/jigs-fixtures/17792-ez-pro-dovetail-jig.html

http://www.routerforums.com/jigs-fixtures/30687-ez-dovetail-jig.html
==

Hello Jon! I read Your post Yesterday, but in Michigan, We have been having Ice Storms! I have used one some years back, called Template Maker by Crestline. I have been trying to get it online, but I can not get online to the program. The address is, or used to be
:www.TemplateMakerbyCrestline. More than that I am not sure of. This may be the one Your mentioning! You can give it a try. Sorry I can't be more precise, Lines are down all over Michigan.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I didn't find the one by Crestline, but found this one online

Hand Cut Dovetail Templates. Imperial and Metric

I haven't tried it, but it looks interesting and can maybe be used with the jig.

Here are the templates for the old Jointech IPM-1 jig. Maybe they will work in the incra jig (both jigs work very much the same).

http://www.routerforums.com/other-specialty/36996-jointech-templates-manual.html

If you find the Jointech templates work for you, print them on photo paper and then cut them into strips.
They will last much longer and are much easier to read.

Charley

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Actually, if You start looking that over, there are many templates for You to use!
Hand Cut Dovetail Templates. Imperial and Metric! Very many, indeed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all for the replies.

Semipro, Thanks for the welcome. I'll take the advice from your post and enter my bio.

Dutchman and Bob J, Yes, That's the program that I used to have. I used it a lot because it would print out templates for any size work calculating for any number of tails, always with a half pin on each end. I had already tried to use the download from Bob's post in 2010 but my computer would not run the program. Maybe my lack of computer skills are at fault here. I still have all the Incra prepared templates that came with my jig so I might have to use those. Its just that the template maker program printed a custom pattern and I didn't have to make sure that the factory template would allow for the half pins at the end of the joint.

Charley, I'll try the other templates. Its just that both the factory templates and the templates printed by the program I'm looking for fit into the slot on the jig.

Any further advice is much appreciated.

Jon

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Jon

Once you have the zip file put it in a a temp.folder then click on the file called
TMKR0011.EXE the program should run..if it runs put it a folder (i.e. C:\TMAKER1\TMKR0011.EXE ) make a short cut for it on the desk top so you can get to it easy..with out the need to install it..

======

==

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Jon,

I use a guillotine type paper cutter and cut only one sheet at a time. With care they will be cut very straight. Careful positioning against the ruler at the top will produce the exact width that is needed.

Charley

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe this is what you are looking for:
Code:
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/jointing-and-planing/dovetail-template-maker/
Dovetail Template Maker

(sorry, I don't have enough posts to actually point to a URL).

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Maybe this is what you are looking for:
Code:
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-plans/jointing-and-planing/dovetail-template-maker/
Dovetail Template Maker

(sorry, I don't have enough posts to actually point to a URL).
I think this is that same as Mike posted earlier...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello BJ! That's the one! I went to their web site, and found nothing. The one that I posted was run 0n XP, I believe, and Win 95! so that gives an idea how old it is! It may run on 3.1, so? I am not sure if it is available from the owner of Crestline, or not. Any One who wants to go further that I did can do so. If You find out any more, Please post it on the forums, Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
The Inca Master Reference Guide & Template Library is on sale @ Incremental Tools. I ordered mine last night and received confirmation that it shipped today.
The sale price just about takes the shipping cost out. 20% off is still 20% off.
Just passing on another option.

Ellery Becnel

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Howard

It will run on win3.0,winXP, and all windows OS it's true that it's a 16bit program but windows will know that and add it to the win.sys and the sys.ini files but no big deal just unzip the file and (click on ) run the exe file..

==

Hello BJ! That's the one! I went to their web site, and found nothing. The one that I posted was run 0n XP, I believe, and Win 95! so that gives an idea how old it is! It may run on 3.1, so? I am not sure if it is available from the owner of Crestline, or not. Any One who wants to go further that I did can do so. If You find out any more, Please post it on the forums, Thanks!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi folks,

I know this is an old thread, but it's the most recent that refers to this software. I found this thread several months ago and couldn't find the software. Plus, I only have a Mac. So I wrote my own. It should run on Windows, but I haven't tested it there yet.

I don't have enough posts to provide the download link and website. If you're interested in the software, let me know.

Thanks,
-Rob

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,932 Posts
Rob,

Welcome to the forum! You can always come back to this thread in a couple of posts and add the link.

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated! I used the old one way back when, and I can't wait to check your version out.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts