Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Incra Router Table build is coming soon. I have all the parts now including the 3.5 HP Milwaukee Router, Incra Master Lift, Kreg Power Switch, Incra Clean Sweep, Incra LS 25 Inch Super system with stand, Incra Wheels, Jessem clear cut Guides, Infinity Coping Sled, small 4 inch dust extractor.

It’s taken awhile to collect everything. Now I have to plan out the storage cabinet under the table. Aside from router bit storage, are there any elements that I should be incorporating into the design of the table’s storage cabinet?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Hi Steven,you could include a large drawer for your router(s) when not in use.Jamesjj

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Here's what I did with mine. Bought the Clean Sweep housing, but didn't like how deep it was with the hose coming off the bottom. Have since added some vents in the dust bin door for make-up air, and small slide out bit storage in the dust box. The drop doors are pass-through and have been handy for odd shaped stuff. Not as efficient as i'd dreamed--but functional for my needs.
earl

Attachments

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Steven, if you are going to use a store-bought frame for the base I like what Earl did. If you build your own base then you can do what you as you please. My table isn't as big as y'alls so I couldn't get but one big drawer and six small drawers.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It’s taken awhile to collect everything. Now I have to plan out the storage cabinet under the table. Aside from router bit storage, are there any elements that I should be incorporating into the design of the table’s storage cabinet?

You will need a fair amount of space devoted to the parts to your superfence including sacrificial faces for zero clearance routing. I have a large router table with a Rockler clean sweep dust box covering 1/3 of an upper shelf, but all the parts to the fence take up the rest of the shelf. Still leaves room for lower drawers or cabinet or open shelf.

In woodworking there is always more then one way to accomplish something.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Further explanation--both ends have a framed pegboard that slid into the leg extrusions, not attached in any other way. The rest is actually 3 separate boxes--the drawer box, storage box and the dust box. Dust box was dropped in from above and is topped with foam to seal to the bottom of the table top. That center pass-through does a great job of handling some of the sleds, right angle jig and such--and the drop-down doors are a great place to set some of the "stuff" that has to be moved to get what I need out. Those doors plus the dust box door are held in place with small rare earth magnets--dust door has 4 since it just pulls off. Bit storage is probably the least efficient, but it's okay.
earl

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steven, if you are going to use a store-bought frame for the base I like what Earl did. If you build your own base then you can do what you as you please. My table isn't as big as y'alls so I couldn't get but one big drawer and six small drawers.

I was planning on adapting Incra’s table plan. They didn’t design the table with any storage for the SuperFence. The plan need to be be adapted while using it as a template for the measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts