Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Incra Miter Express and I have a problem. With the miter gauge setting in the slot it sets to high. In the first picture you see my square setting there and the square won't slide over the the miter gauge. (see arrow)

As I slide the miter gauge into the track it hits the big piece of black plastic and if I lift it up to get the miter gauge all the way in it makes it sit to high. I have tried to figure out what is going on but no luck. I some how the fix for this is starring me in my face but I can't see it.

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
What brand of saw? Sometimes the miter slots don't meet specs. You can do a quick check by fitting a small pocket rule (like the picture) in the slot to get the depth, then check it against the thickness of the miter. Are there any pins or width adjustment bolts protruding from beneath the miter bar? Run your fingers beneath the bar, you shouldn't feel any protrusions underneath.

You might also check those 4 T nuts that hold the fence in place, are they protruding too far and riding on the table itself, which would cause the bar to ride too high. That you could check by holding the far end of the bar down while using the rule to check whether it catches the full length of the bar, or just near the fence. The rule would catch on anything more than a few thousandths.

Hard to believe the Incra bar thickness is off, so if there aren't any protrusions and the thickness is correct, call incra. I wouldn't try to fix it myself, let Incra replace it if it fails any of these tests.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Tom - the miter gauge slides into a channel on the Incra Miter Express so there should be nothing on the table saw that is causing this.

Don, you mentioned a big piece of black plastic. That isn't showing in your picture and the miter slot should be clean. Can you post a picture of the plastic piece you are talking about?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tom - the miter gauge slides into a channel on the Incra Miter Express so there should be nothing on the table saw that is causing this.

Don, you mentioned a big piece of black plastic. That isn't showing in your picture and the miter slot should be clean. Can you post a picture of the plastic piece you are talking about?
The plastic he is referring to is the black on the bottom of the miter gauge, second picture.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why are there t-nuts on the bottom of the miter gauge, the fence mounts to the of the miter gauge. What are the t-nuts used for?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts