Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Wow that's nice. Did you design this your self? Bet you could sell a million of those. Can I ask how long it took from start to finish?

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,034 Posts
That really looks the goods.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow that's nice. Did you design this your self? Bet you could sell a million of those. Can I ask how long it took from start to finish?
I think it was like 3 hours roughing and finish. I purchased a 1,020 model bundle from Etsy and this model was included. Of course I enhanced the detail with my handy dandy dremel tool and fine carving bits. This bundle was from Russia and anything with lettering was in Russian, a lot of the models were not so good, but there are a few really good ones.

·
Registered
Mike
3,841 Posts
Really nice finish job Karen. Looks like that new machine is working well for you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really nice finish job Karen. Looks like that new machine is working well for you.
Yes, the MillRight MegaV is a pretty good machine. There were a lot of problems when I 1st got it, but the owner helped me get up an going.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't tried hemlock. Looks great.
Hemlock is a bit harder than pine, but not exactly a hard wood. It cuts pretty clean. Buy the time I plane it down to make it flat, it isn't very thick. I can Vcarve lettering and vectors but it's not thick enough to carve directly into it. I have been making some small carvings and gluing them onto the surface of the slab (which is what I did with the Indian).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts