Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Throw off brand replacement batteries in the mix. I bought a pair in 2019 and are very good. Because of the limited life of the battery and its cost, batteries and any cordless tool will no longer be purchased by me. I've gone "Corded".

If I were in the cordless tool market I would have to go with Ridgid because of their warranty.
I have only 2 cordless tools. A drill and a driver. All the rest of my powered tools are corded. They're lighter and more powerful than battery powered ones.
But also most of my work is with hand tools. Brace and Bits, planes and chisels.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I made the decision and went with the $99 dollar 20 volt Dewalt. After thinking about it I came up with the same conclusion that John did. I can get an adapter and still use my 18 volt tools and since I have one good 18 volt battery left I can use the hammer drill if I ever need it. I was skeptical about the 1.5 amp hr battery but from what I can tell from my limited use it will work fine. I used the same bit I used in the Youtube video and it went through a 4x4' with ease. I didn't use the same drill as I did but the bottom line is that I was able to make a hole. With the new replacement Amazon batteries that I tried using along with the other drill, it was impossible. To sweeten the deal I had a $25 dollar off coupon from Home Depot. As far as using corded tools I'm with Andy. As I have stated before, how often does the average person need to use a power tool when electricity isn't available? A drill is about the only tool that I reach for regularly that the convivence outweighs the need to plug it in. I would never consider a saw or sander or anything else. And don't get me started on outdoor lawn equipment!
Glad I could help you out, or confirm you made the right choice.
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts