Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22,216 Posts
I tried the 20v battery and adapter. The larger size batter, the same deal you're considering. I must say I hate it. The battery has failed already. The adapter gets stuck in the tool and is extremely difficult to get off. I haven't tried them yet, but there are 18v offbrand batteries for DeWalt on Amazon I'll try when my current ones peter out. I always bought 2 at a time so each one was less, but I don't see that anymore. I have several dead batteries and I'm thinking of taking them to a battery shop to see if they can replace the cells.

·
Registered
22,216 Posts
I bought these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0822STVDR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and have been pretty satisfied with them. I thought about getting the adapter, but saw that Dewalt has discontinued it, so I figured it was a bust. When these die, I guess I will bite the bullet and get a new brushless "20v" drill and batteries and charger. 18v drill and circular saw and batteries and charger will be useless. Geeeeeezzzzzuuuuuussss, that hurts.
You only have to remember that Stanley owns DeWalt to know why they screwed all of us 18v tools. I love my jig, circular and reciprocating DeWalt tools and their drills are exquisite. So If I have to replace them it won't be with DeWalt. Why would we do business with a company that does this to us?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts