Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
To the two new members, welcome to the forum. You will find this location to have some of the most generous and knowledgeable people on the planet.

Regarding DeWalt batteries, etc. Personally don't care much for DeWalt. Since the B&D purchase they have experienced much negative commentary. Their 20 volt (of course it is really 18v) is much better than their earlier 18v system. Many of my friends think DeWalt is king of the roost.

Since I have only casual use for tools as a DYI, I have chosen to purchase Ryobi because they are usually less expensive. However, I own nearly all of the Milwaukee 12v system tools. They have worked flawlessly for me. Some of the tools are over 7 years old. All are "fuel" level, meaning they are brushless. I have an 18v Ryobi 23 pin nailer which suits my needs excellently. The rest of my Ryobi are 40 volt yard tools, all have done their assigned job. I think Ryobi's parent company is Milwaukee. I understand that serious users rarely chose Ryobi as they are not exactly top of heap most of time.

Good luck with your choice of DeWalt 20 volt. After some time of hands on use, you could let us know how you evaluate the DeWalt.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts