Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is the right part of the forum to ask this.
I'm replacing all of the overlay doors in our kitchen cabinets with my first attempt at inset doors with glass. Pretty happy with the 6 I've made so far. Been thinking alot about the drawers, and without overthinking it, I thought to use the existing slides and just moving them back the thickness of the inset of the drawer. Then carefully mark and measure the fronts of the existing drawers and simply cut them down on the table saw. The slides have proven to be adequate to support the weight of the drawers so far. Trying to avoid making new drawers. Am I missing something? Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never in a million years would have expected a reply from you Bob, unless somebody just is just using your pic in an avatar.
But whomever you are, thanks for the re-assurances. I know the door hardware is different; I already have 6 made and installed.
The reveals are a little tricky to get just right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off, who am I talking to? Is that you Bob or a member of his fan club? Jack Duren?
I have all of the basic DIY tools. Belt sanders, pad sanders, combo belt disc sanders, and a 6" jointer that I adjusted to just skin the edges of my cabinet doors to fit. I was going to use the table saw to cut down the existing overlay drawer fronts to size them to fit inset in the openings. The drawers are made so the fronts are a part of the "box" They don't have a removable front panel. I'm thinking that attention to detail in measuring and cutting will achieve the results I;m looking for. Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.