Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the other half of a piece of pine panel on the bed after a cut so I couldn't let it go to waste since it was already clamped and the CNC homed. Thought of Vince and his passion for golf. Figured there had to be a few more like him out there. So I did this. Measures 14 x 11 finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Letters are all hand painted with acrylic or latex. I tried the Marsh Ink but didn't like the look and it would rub off. And It looks like sprayed on ink. I use mask from Signwarehouse.com. Mike Bell can tell you exactly what it is. They're in Texas. It's twice as thick as the shelf liner from WalMart, and price comparable. I used to paint them and then sand the excess off, but that would leave marks on the wood and take part of the letter off if the font didn't cut deep enough. I use this stuff now whenever possible. Takes a little more time painting them, but I think it looks better.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Wow is that awesome! John the golf ball sure turned out remarkably well . Great design , I love the 19th hole lol ;)

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that is really John..
nicely done too...

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
NICE...! ! !

However did you get that shadow effect in the dimples...?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NICE...! ! !

However did you get that shadow effect in the dimples...?
That's a Vectric Aspire clip art golf ball. I think it came out that way when I increased the model height (the ball) to stand out a little more.

Looks really good, John. The dimples on the golf ball really pop. What bit did you use to cut this piece?

Jay
Tried the new Amana Spektra coated bit from ToolsToday. Used 1/8" ball nose. Going to see if these hold their edge more than the others, like they claim. Seems to cut pretty clean, so far.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,228 Posts
Another great job, John.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,050 Posts
Very nicely done John.