Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this the usual way, looking for something else entirely unrelated. Problem was, it was on Pinterest. Twice. At two different sites, and could find nothing more than the photo, no other information available. But that should be ample. Very simple, add a circular saw guide, and you've got a workable panel saw.

Did I mention that I hate Pinterest?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Really needs to have a guide of some sort, maybe clamp a guide to the workpiece. Maybe two rails to fit round the sides of the saw to trap it to cut a nice, straight line?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Kind of a neat concept, but I can’t see it being stable enough when your pushing the skill saw , and as Tom said it needs a guide of some sort . A Track saw is the answer for me .
And I’m with you guys as I hate Pinterest also

·
Registered
Paul
1,861 Posts
I agree that it could use a guide but even a rough cut (following a pencil line) would be easier in that set-up. Looks like it could be a little tippy cutting near the top and if the floor isn't level it could bind there.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I think I'll stick with my cutting table, straight edge clamps and circular saw with base that rides on the straight edge clamps that I have. Although not truly a track saw, I can break up sheets at waist level on the cutting table and nothing falls to the ground. I can get accurate cuts, but usually size the pieces about 1/4" over size and trim them down to exact size on my Unisaw. I do this outside my shop in the driveway, since the shop is too small to handle full size sheets inside. I've posted information and pictures of my system before. I still find no need to buy a "track saw" or even build a "panel saw". Now that I'm getting older (75) lifting and carrying full sheets is becoming my latest challenge, and I have recently bought and built a few items to help with this.

Charley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts