Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several people flattered me by asking for photos and description of how I built the Checkerboard Bowls. Flattery is a great motivator, so I made some Sketchup illustrations and interspersed them into a set of instructions. Merry Christmas to All!!

Attachments

Reactions: neville9999

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,311 Posts
Great set of instructions, Andy! Thanks for going to the effort to draw that up and explain your process. Since I don't have a usable lathe I may see if I can work out a way to do this on the CNC.

David

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Thanks for the instructions. I saved them as a file. Your drawings and detailed text are so easy the even I can follow them. Again, thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Great job Andy. I'm afraid my planer might try to eat part of one of the logs but a router on skis or a sled should work to flatten them too I would think.

·
Registered
Rick
17,588 Posts
Thanks Andy , that’s great seeing an illustration of how is done . I had a feeling it couldn’t be made from a solid block , as it would be to much waste .

I’m super impressed by your work as there a work of art in there own right , thanks again for sharing

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Andy the bowls are so nice. I have always wanted to learn to turn but I haven't learned what I am doing now. :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.