Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys im new here so this may seem like a dumb question to some but im not very router savy. Ive used one before but for simple uses. I need to cut out intricate windings on some letters and i want to be able to have a template for it so that it can be reproduced easily and fast. Ive atached a picture of an example. the problem im concerned about is the circular patern inside of the "I". I was hoping if anyone would be able to help me out with this and maybe recomend what type of bit to use. Thanx.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx bobj3, those look like they might work. One more question tho' do you have any links on where i can get a router crank? I want to mount the router upside down on a table and be able to raise it up and down.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Xone
May I ask what kind of router do you have ?

But try this link, it should come back with many links.
Note *** use the key words
Router Lift in your search

http://froogle.google.com/frghp?hl=en&tab=wf&q=

Bj :)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.
-- Chinese proverb --

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
xone
They are nice to have BUT you don't need one,they are not cheap as you will soon see.
If you use a pop out base plate with the router on it or change the bit from the top of the table,it's about 150.oo add on that's a bit of a over kill item.
Take your 150.oo bucks and put it into router bits.

But that's just my 2 cents... :)

Bj :)

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Xone, provided that your dark area to be removed is 1/8" wide or larger you are best off free hand carving this with a Rotozip and Sabercut bit. Artists use the Rotozip to do intricate designs in wood. As with any tool there is a learning curve, so dont expect to get it perfect on your first try. Depending on how deep you are cutting and the scale of your carving you might consider looking at the wide range of carving tools available at Woodcraft and other retailers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.