Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I like building guitars and want to but a router that can cut pickup holes, bodies, and necks, but also do delicate inlays on the headstock. I've been using a Dremel Trio, but it is a bit lightweight for most but the inlay. I do like that with smaller bits and low torque that I don't have control issues. I was about to grab a Bosch MRP23EVS Plunge Router because of the power control on the handle. I don't currently have plans to use huge bits and I have an old Craftsman (works but haven't used in 25 years) if I need to stick a router in a table. I had also thought of a smaller/lighter router for control. Any advice? Can I get away with a lighter router and yet regret that as I learn to do more things with a router? Thanks very much, Jeff

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, Jeff.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Can I get away with a lighter router and yet regret that as I learn to do more things with a router?
Too many apps, too many compromises for one router.
Count on a couple if you're a lifetime woodworker or if you have the resources not to compromise.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds to me like one of the new mini routers should be right up your alley. Nearly all the better brands have come out with one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts