Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
70 yr old male.
I live on thirty acres and hour west of Nashville.
Home is Alabama Roll Tide
12 yrs in the USAF
Career with Wal-Mart, Office Depot, and Home Depot.
My dad was in the paper industry so I grew up in small Southern towns with an appreciation for the flora and fawna [sp].
Worked as a carpenter's and machinist's helper at a paper mill while in college that gave me a basic foundation for making things.
I finally have space [don't we always need more?] to get some shop tools and have a friend in the same place in his life and we bought a Jet lathe and Laguna bandsaw w/14" resaw capacity. Other tools we pooled.
I have been collecting old barn wood and spalted Maple pieces for two yrs. Now it is time to get to work. Wife says "No more tools till you sell something" Any one here ever hear those words? I made the obligatory cutting boards and gave them to family for Christmas.
Hope all of you have great , healthy year for 2014
Mike

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. Alabama was once home for me too and the U of A, not to be confused with AU, was my alma mater.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike. We probably all have heard no more tools til you sell something. What I do Mike is sell a tool I no longer use and get a new tool.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome Mike. :)

·
Official Greeter
19,077 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mike.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mike.

Before you sell something, please show some pictures about your projects.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not very tech savvy, but am trying to learn the "New World" ways. Just imagine piles of drops/ kindling and saw dust. If you guys want to pile heaps of praise on my work,,,,,,,,,,,just imagine the three obligatory cutting boards I made for Christmas gifts.

Have converted a tobacco barn into my shop. Power two weeks ago. Lights last week. Daily highs under 35 this week. Will get back to setting up shop soon.
Good health and smiles to all,
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts