Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't recall ever doing an Intro to the forum. I'm retired, my wife is retired, and we have nine grandkids. My hobbies are fishing, hunting, reading, spoiling the grandkids, but not in that order. I have lived or traveled in a number of places and left every one on my own accord. I got into woodworking and woodturning when I built custom fishing rods. Started out turning grips and went downhill from there. I have a very small shop but get the job done. I gave up rod building as it would have turned into a full time job. That is not why I retired. Now, I'm into penturning.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum,

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. :)

Well you have enough posts to post pictures of your work if you like

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
Nice to get to know a little more about posters here. You're lucky to have grandkids around, mine all live a thousand of miles away.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Nice to get to know a little more about posters here. You're lucky to have grandkids around, mine all live a thousand of miles away.
I have two. A girl eight and a boy six tomorrow. They live across the city. (67 km away) Saw them today. What a joy. I feel for you, Tom.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DRT, know what you mean. We have members in our Sunday School class that experience the same thing. Different states and foreign countries are on the list of where the children and grandchildren live. All of ours live here but one grandson plays minor league baseball so he has lived in a number of places where he was assigned by the teams he was affiliated with. He is now in Little Rock, AR. Can you guess where we are going on our vacation?

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
I have at least 8 trips between now and Dec., then I'm going to go for prostate surgery. No idea how it will turn out, but I'm not making travel plans for awhile after that. My troubled granddaughter says she's moving out here sometime this year, she is finally getting her act together and her mother and I ponied up for a car for her. She is also helping my daughter with the consulting business, so I'm hopeful it will turn out well. She has two kids, one a rather rambunctious boy about 8, who I hope to introduce to woodworking, which should be fun (at least until he discovers girls an a few years).

Have another granddaughter in the Dallas area who is a knee jerk lib who lectured me once to often and is presently out of the will. :wink:

I have a niece about 2 hours from here who is the family fave these days. She served my brother and I our mom's recipe for tacos a couple of weeks ago. Reminded us about how much we loved the old family gatherings when everyone still lived nearby. :laugh2: MMMMMMM.

Turns out her secret ingredient was using katchup in the sauce. That and frying up fresh corn tortillas to serve them in. Were they good? :yes4:

Brought back lots of memories for all of us.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome John. Better late than never.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was told that forgetting is a sign of old age but can't remember who said it. BTW, I really enjoy this forum. I have learned a lot and the members are most helpful. Also check on Woodworking Talk forum at least once a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts