Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just registered and have a few questions. thanks in advance for the forum and i'll surf the threads over time.

i have a stanley 90150m. a nice old machine that lost its fan about 4 years ago. i'm finally getting around to a repair and have built an aluminum fan ... guessing what the original might have looked like. will send photos when i learn how. i've already pressed it onto the armature and i discover that possibly the old plastic fan also acted as a spacer to the lower bearing? i need to establish the position of the new fan and possibly a spacer ? so that the fan / armature does not interfere with the lower bearing mount. what might really help is a schematic for this model = .02 i believe. 8 amp / 23,000rpm. guessing from the 70s or late 60s.

·
Official Greeter
20,236 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Personally, if it was 50 years old and broken, I would be looking to replace the router with a newer make/model?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx james,

i do have others ... but it was a good machine that i've used with a few fixtures. i also like to restore old equipment.

i see a number of stanley refs but very few replies with info. i'll be patient.

how do you include a photo with the post? i see the fan photo uploaded ok but did not appear in the posting.

richard

·
Banned
12,004 Posts
Richard, you are fighting an uphill battle and the best chance of finding information might be to contact the last owner of the long discontinued Stanley routers: 1-877-BOSCH99. Bosch still has some of the original documentation in old hard copy files. This will not be a short process if they do have anything for your model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx mike,

i saw their contemporary files and some of the units are very similar. i will call ... without great expectation.

i think i can figure out the sizing and positioning but it sure could be easier with some data. if there's an old one around i'm not above buying old parts.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Not sure I would want to see that fan spinning at 23000 RPM. Any imbalance at all, and something not good is likely to happen. I also suspect it will load the motor way more than the original. I agree with Mike, time to retire that router.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi duane,

appreciate the concern and balance is a potential issue. i think it's very well balanced actually ... and the lower bearing is very large. what concerns me more are the unsupported fins ... and the fact that they are conductive aluminum vs the original plastic in a non double-insulated case ... but i think it'll be ok. the motor is 8 amps and has dealt with much tougher inertial problems than a few extra grams of load.

i may have to retire it if i can't figure it all out of course. love a challenge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
progress report

progress report: i contacted bosch ..... who bought 'stanley power tools'.

1 800 301 8255

rick in tech support was very helpful though he doubted he'd have much. he found some schematics which are very near to my machine and i'll post them here if i can. very helpful and i think i know what changes to make. i probably need to move the fan a bit and build a spacer supported by the lower bearing.

90140.02 motor

http://www.routerforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55180&stc=1&d=1348606744

90150.04 motor

http://www.routerforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=55181&stc=1&d=1348606744

Attachments

·
Registered
31,266 Posts
Welcome Ronald...
you do know that publicly posting your email addy is not a good plan...

·
Super Moderator
John
6,974 Posts
Ron I removed your Email and suggested if interested that they should PM you.
You are unable to send PMs until you had 10 posts but you can receive them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.