Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I am 66yo semi retired and new to woodworking. I have a jobsite tablesaw that I built a stand for so there is more table to the saw. built about 5 jigs that help alot. got a drill, circ saw and a bunch of hand tools including chisels and hand planes. Just got my router 1617evspk and really looking forward to using it. I have already made a dumb newbie mistake that I posted here under "Stuck Collet". the nut is not the problem. the collet is stuck IN the shaft. I can attach a pic if you want visual details. thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
@Riversider - I welcomed you in your other post but I'll do it again here - welcome. You'll find many friendly, helpful folks here with a ton of experience, but we like to have newcomers. Being new to woodworking, don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have - it might save you from any problems you might encounter down the road.

See my response in your other post regarding pictures. If they exist on your computer you can post them before you have the minimum 10 posts - that minimum is for posting links to other picture hosting websites.

Vince

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi and welcome. A name or nickname would be nice.

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Welcome, Sometimes my collets seem stuck, but in fact just need to be turned past a sticky point. This is easier if you have a 2 wrench model rather than a one wrench and pushbutton shaft lock. Sometimes that pushbutton doesn't hit a flat spot, which means the shaft (and bit) will move. Try a search on the site for stuck collet.

·
Registered
Steve
1,478 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I've had a stuck collet issue with my Ryobi when I first used it too, but that seems to have resolved itself now. The info Sticks sent you on your "stuck collet" thread is good advice.

You'll find a lot of helpful people on here, I certainly have and really appreciate it, especially as a newbie to routers (and woodworking generally really).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts