Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and haven't used my routers that much, a Sears portable plus a small Delta router/shaper table model. I am considering using my table router for joining some plywood together, using a slot cutter and some 1/4" plywood splines that I will cut from my table saw. I don't have a biscuit cutter, but it still seems that I would get a stronger joint using a slot cutter and splines. I would appreciate any thoughts comments or hints for this job. If I can do a good joing job with this technique I may tackle making a large octogon poker table. I got the plans from an on line site.

I also am interested in being able to round over the ends of a hand rail. I saw in one of the forum threads a where one of the members made a jig for rounding over dowel ends up to 1 inch in diameter. I don't know if bits are available to do 1 1/2 inch or 2 inch dowels such as are used for hand rails that is dowels with a lengthwise flat for mounting. Any thoughts or comments for this would be appreciated.

I am a retired old F**t but never seem to have the time I want to work in my shop which is of the size a capacity that I wished I had 30 or 40 years ago.

Best regards,
Peohguy

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James,
Good to hear from you, I really didn't know how active these forums were since a lot of replys to threads and strings :)^)] are 2003, 2004 and 2008. It's great to see some activity out there.
A question about glues. Since I discovered gorilla glue I have been using it a lot. Since it expands when it cures it seems like a good glue to use when the fit is somewhat sloppy, but I wood :) think that you don't want too much expansion since air, bubbles in the expanded glue, isn't a very strong binder. I have seen references to a glue brand called Python (on a public broadcast channel on wood working) which is the same type of glue as Gorilla but desn't expand as much. Have you had any experience with it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.