Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all -
I just joined the forum and really like what I see. I am a retired United States Marine living in Suffolk, Va. My wife and I purchased a 1922 Georgia Colonial home back in 2011. While my hobby was once golf - it has now become keeping this jewel in shape (along with doing lots of smoked pork and brisket). Learning a lot about the intricacies of an old home - but having fun doing so. I look forward to learning techniques used by you pro's here. Thanks

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Barry.

These old houses really need some TLC, don't they?

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hello Barry, welcome to the forum. And thank you for your service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome Barry, Thank you for your service , I too Retire from the military and bought a house, not as old as yours but it keep me busy in my spare time. Looking forward to also get ting some BBQ receipts because I too love smoking ribs and brisket over here in New Jersey
Again welcome

Kelley

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Barry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me aboard and yes the old houses need tons of TLC. I now caution folks to be careful before starting any major work on one because you are definitely not going to see everything until you get it started. Amazing some of the things we have found.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome Barry. In addition to the wood stuff I have been a KCBS judge and have had a team myself for the past 12 years. We have also catered and vend around 2000 halves and 1000 racks along with the brisket and butts each year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Barry. In addition to the wood stuff I have been a KCBS judge and have had a team myself for the past 12 years. We have also catered and vend around 2000 halves and 1000 racks along with the brisket and butts each year.
That's awesome smokindog - We were about 20 minutes from signing the lease on a building to open a restaurant and ran into a little issue with terms being changed last minute. We are members of KCBS - "Barry Fitzgerald's". Haven't competed yet - but would love to. Time has been our issue - Tough when you're retired and have no time....Hoping to have our sauces bottled in near future. I wish you continued success in that arena. Love talking BBQ - as I am probably just a tad bit better than I am at talking wood work - still learning on both accts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome Barry,

Thanks for you service.

Hope your adventure brings you to find new things and enjoy them.
Thanks DCW - My service was an honor. Loved every minute of the 23 years I served - 2 Marine sons - one Medically retired from Iraq - a daughter in the Army and my wife retires from the Navy next year. Love this country.... Look forward to the adventures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts