Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks!

Just joined the forum at the recommendation of Sandy at Oak Park.

I'm working on my third retirement after Air Force, college(s), Industrial Design, 27 years with IBM and 13 years as an owner/operator of a small excavating company. Simultaneously, I've spent as much time as I could being a general handyman and later a woodworker.

The past year has been spent helping my son rebuild a house that he bought as a masonry shell. I've done all the electrical work, the plumbing, and most of the interior steel framing. In addition, we've replaced two stairways and all the doors and windows and converted a portion of a huge double garage into two additional rooms. We also resurfaced half of a 50 foot long gable roof. I'm a little tired.

Currently, I'm almost finished with closing in our patio. I'll be glad when that's done so I can go back to working on my shop. Always plenty of work to be done here in Southern Arizona with few weather breaks.

The patio has presented a problem that is likely to repeat itself as time goes on. I'll explain in a new posting. Maybe you can help.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome TB. It's no wonder your bones are tired. 3 retirements! I was lucky to survive just one. BUT it is nice now. Hope you get as much shop time as you did work time. Enjoy..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.