Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peoples i thought i wood give a brief outline of myself. i am a 54 year old wood working want to be have just realized that life is toooo short not to do the things that you always wanted to.have had a desire to build furniture for a long time now and have decided now is the time to do something about it.i live in country queensland australia with my wife dog and chooks and now semi retired am keen to try my hand at wood working.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Phil and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Official Greeter
19,728 Posts
G’day Phil

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

hi everybody crackers here i'dont know if i am putting this thread in the wright place as i am very computer slow i am trying to suck in information on wood working where ever i can.i have never had the time or good fortune to be able to aquire the skills in my 54 years but i believe it is never too late. i have bought myself a second hand table saw with some sort of router attachment also an 8 inch joiner ,i also have a few routers drop saws, a drill press, hand planers etc. my garage is 150 square meters of which ihave 100 meters for a work room .i seem to be rambling on here so i will finish up with i will soon be attempting some projects and asking some stupid questions so please bear with me . typing time for this message 45 min

·
Registered
777 Posts
Welcome fellow Queenslander. I'm from Goodna, Ipswich but now live in Croatia.
I hope you avoided the recent flooding !
We like to say there are no stupid questions around here, so ask away.
I envy the choice of Australian hard woods you have to work with.
Have fun making saw dust and try to speed up your typing so you have more time in the workshop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS FOR THE REPLY GAV .LOST THE DAM WALL IN THE FLOODS ,ON THE TRACTOR FIXING IT NOW (smoko at the moment).LOOKS LIKE WE ARE IN FOR A REALLY BIG BLOW WEDNESDAY OR FRIDAY (cyclone) all the best CRACKERS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.