Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, my name is Nate, and I am just beginning what looks to be a beautiful friendship with my newest tool, the router. One of my first projects is going to be to build a router table which I have enjoyed planning for so far. However, I have a question for some of the more seasoned woodworkers out there. I am positive that I want a removable insert plate (or 2 or 3) so I can vary the hole size for my bit and more readily be able to remove the router, but I am having trouble deciding what material to use for the insert. I hear that Plexiglas is a definite "no-no". I also hear a lot about phenolic, which sounds great but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Someone suggested aluminum, but I am trying to keep the cost down as low as I can (one of the reasons I am building my own Table). Any help or input would be appreciated. Thank You!
Nate

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Hey there, my name is Nate, and I am just beginning what looks to be a beautiful friendship with my newest tool, the router. One of my first projects is going to be to build a router table which I have enjoyed planning for so far. However, I have a question for some of the more seasoned woodworkers out there. I am positive that I want a removable insert plate (or 2 or 3) so I can vary the hole size for my bit and more readily be able to remove the router, but I am having trouble deciding what material to use for the insert. I hear that Plexiglas is a definite "no-no". I also hear a lot about phenolic, which sounds great but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Someone suggested aluminum, but I am trying to keep the cost down as low as I can (one of the reasons I am building my own Table). Any help or input would be appreciated. Thank You!
Nate
Greetings Nate and welcome to the forum where every level of experience is welcome.

I made my own router table, was fortunate that I had the parts and pieces aroung and just put it together. I did get some parts from one of the vendors. Keep us posted and we will look forward to your build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.