Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, began learning woodworking at my grandfather's knee. By high school I began to focus on cabinets and turned that into full time cabinet making to pay for college and grad school. After graduation I attempted to keep up with woodworking as a hobby but family and ministry took most of my time. Forty plus years as a hospital and hospice chaplain, earning a doctorate, as well as raising my family, kept me pretty occupied, but I applied my skills and tools to home renovation. Together, my wife and I built or completely rebuilt seven houses. Now, kids and grandkids grown (but still nearby), and my wife and I retired, I am investing in some new tools, re-purposing half my garage, and engaging in woodwork with no other purpose than to satisfy myself. If others benefit from my peace of mind as well as with my handmade gifts, that's a bonus.

·
Super Moderator
516 Posts
welcome to the forum and thanks for the introduction.
you've got quite an impressive assortment of experiences and skills.
looking forward to seeing some of your woodworking projects.

·
Registered
21,709 Posts
Thank you for sharing your story. I think there are a lot of us here who had to lay off woodworking during family years, only to take it up seriously after retiring. I'm attaching a pdf on the 18 things that helped me accelerate my learning curve. It has a lot of information that may be helpful. Welcome.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
19,759 Posts
G'day and welcome to the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.