Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Charles Taylor. I live in east central Indiana. I'm 65 years young, LOL. Im setting up shop for retirement,another LOL. Have a Delta DJ-20 jointer, Delta 10" table saw,Jet 18" bandsaw, DeWalt 12" planer,
Max Oscillating Spindle Sander, 3 mini Jet Lathes, a 36" Jet Lathe and several routers. All in a 24 x32 heated and a/c ed garage.
I like to turn pens and build cabinets. But I also like old trucks 67-72 Chevys, I have a 68 4X4 long bed, 68 Step side and a 72 longed. Don't want to bore you just wanted to say "Hi".

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Welcome to the forum Charlie . I love old Chev and GMC trucks . Here’s a pic of my baby that I had to sell in order to make room for tools in my shop .
I kept the factory paint scheme , but the stripe was painted on instead of plastic, and it was base coat clear coat paint . Sure miss her ,and got compliments every time she left the garage

Attachments

·
Registered
21,698 Posts
Hello Charlie, happy that you've joined the fun. I did the same things and set up a complete shop before retirement. Had the income then, but couldn't replace those tools with retirement income now. Now my spare cash goes for materials.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum Charles.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Three lathes? One for each operation of turning???? Looking forward to seeing some of your projects. I retired in 2009 and never regretted it. Well, for two or three days.

·
Premium Member
Frank
368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Charles. I also live in east central Indiana. I have been retired 10 years now and never looked back. Enjoy it. I am not a Chevy man but have a 66 Mustang for a hobby.

Frank

·
Registered
888 Posts
Welcome, Charles. You are in the right place, and we're glad to have you. I have more vehicles than I can afford to keep insured! I have a 2003 Chevy dually left over from my Limousin raising days -70,000 miles. I usually have to charge the (new) batteries in order to drive it some. My pride is a 1999 Jaguar 4 door sedan - 60,000 miles. Have to keep a trickle charger on it! I love driving as long as I can drive slowly and smell the flowers. We have a 2002 Toyota wagon - runs great - and 2017 Toyota SUV. As I said, too much. My wife lectures me every time the insurance bill arrives! Again, WELCOME!

·
Registered
21,698 Posts
I have a '92 Dodge Dakota long bed with a great running V6. I've kept it in top shape, still easily passes tight smog test. White paint always peels on this year's models, but I constantly get offers. Not going to sell it though, it's really nice new tires, brakes, tuned up by a really good mechanic. Don't do much car repair anymore, especially on the Camry Hybrid. 700 volt system electrocuted a few mechanics until Toyota added cautions to its mechanics training. Heavy, quiet and smooth, a pleasure to travel and the batteries keep getting cheaper. Older American cars are appealing, but Toyotas work too well to switch brands. Wife crashed our 2007 Corolla last year, and we still got $6700 for it from the insurance, about half its original cost. Used to repair my own cars when I was younger, but today I can afford to have it done. Your truck is a beauty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.