Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow woodworkers,
I have been a part-time woodworker for close to 20 years and have made a lot of beautiful pieces for myself and others. Currently I am working on a desk for a paying customer that is mounted in a frame on a wall and pivots down to a supporting leg stand. The materials are cocobolo and ebony (extremely expensive project). I have done a lot of turning with small pieces of cocobolo but have never had to glue up planks as I will be doing for the desk surface. I have an excellent glue joint bit and am ready to take the plunge, no pun intended.
I am aware of the material's faults including difficulty in glueing and will be using acetone to prep the edges, however, I am undecided on what glue to use. I have seen a range of options and am looking for some final feedback before proceeding.
If you have experience in actually glueing up cocobolo planks I would love to hear what you your experience has taught you.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Tracy and welcome to the router forum. We are pleased you have chosen to join with us.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello Tracy, welcome to the RouterForums. Glad you signed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts