Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the valuable resource of this site. I have built a few items and confess to owning 3 routers--a used ridgid trim router, a PC 690 and the big Triton--I am about to launch into an arts & Crafts sideboard for my wife which will need lots of mortise and tenon work. I am thinking of using a horizontal jig I built --it isn't the fancy style like the one seen in the MCLS catalog, but if I can keep it from slipping it should work ok--anyone made newer horizontal router jigs?
Bill:yes4:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Thanks for the valuable resource of this site. I have built a few items and confess to owning 3 routers--a used ridgid trim router, a PC 690 and the big Triton--I am about to launch into an arts & Crafts sideboard for my wife which will need lots of mortise and tenon work. I am thinking of using a horizontal jig I built --it isn't the fancy style like the one seen in the MCLS catalog, but if I can keep it from slipping it should work ok--anyone made newer horizontal router jigs?
I believe bobj3 has made a couple of these. You might be able to find the posts via the search function.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Bill

Here's one of them but I do suggest using the JessEm mill slot jig, it's so fast and easy it will blow your mind how easy it can be done, no router needed :) but if you want to use your Horz.set up it will do it also but you will need a sled like the snapshots below, but I do suggest using the lose tenons way that you can make on your router table quick and easy...

http://www.routerforums.com/bargain-bin/23736-jessem-slot-mortiser-woodcraft.html
http://www.routerforums.com/jigs-fixtures/3543-deluxe-push-block.html

========

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts