Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My User Name Is Rdmello, Moved To Wisconsin In June Of 06. From Florida. Been Retired For 23 Years From Law Inforcement. First Worked With Formica, Making Bar Fixtures For Taverns. Have Worked With Wood For 40 Years And I'm Now Working On A Desk For My Granddaughter.

I Need Info On How To Cut Out A Circle On The Desk Top For Lamp Wire's And Etc. There Must Be A Jig I Can Make To Do This Task.
Please Write To The Forum And Show Me How.

Thank You Rdmello

·
Banned
666 Posts
RDMELLO said:
My User Name Is Rdmello, Moved To Wisconsin In June Of 06. From Florida. Been Retired For 23 Years From Law Inforcement. First Worked With Formica, Making Bar Fixtures For Taverns. Have Worked With Wood For 40 Years And I'm Now Working On A Desk For My Granddaughter.

I Need Info On How To Cut Out A Circle On The Desk Top For Lamp Wire's And Etc. There Must Be A Jig I Can Make To Do This Task.
Please Write To The Forum And Show Me How.

Thank You Rdmello
Welcome Rdmello
When routing small circles in any surface simply make yourself a template with a larger cutout than the hole required. (This has to be calculated adding the diameter of the hole to the difference between the Template guide and cutter to be used) The template can then be secured with clamps so make it large enough for the router to clear the clamps.
Tom

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Welcome to the router boards.

How small of a hole are we talking 'bout? A simple drill bit may work, or, hole saws. There are circle cutters for drill presses but these can be used with hand-helds with ease an care.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome to the router forums RDMELLO. As Hamlin asked, what size hole are you talking about and do you have access to a plunge router? If you do, do you have enough room to get a router in to plunge a hole?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.