Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a rockwell porta-planer model 126 and need a manual. what is the best procedure for acquiring one? I have never posted to a forum before and do not fully understand the process. What I have read so far I have a lot to learn about routing and posting. I retired two years ago and now have some time to use the many old tools I have collected on wood working and metal shaping projects that I have put off for lack of free time. I like the older tools because they were built to last unlike many of the newer ones. I am not trashing the new tools but have made some uneducated quesses and bought some real lemons.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hello Skip welcome to the forum

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum skip. I like the old tools too. They were built to last and the heavier frames absorbed vibration better.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Skip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know of any other model number than model 126. the planer is circa 1950 made by Rockwell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find that covering up mistakes is what I do best. I was told more than once when I made a mistake: the only one who will know if you make a mistake is you so finish the work the best you can and you will remember the mistakes a lot longer than when every thing went right the first time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts