Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've excited about the new Rigid 2930 purchased yesterday. Have been a carpenter/woodworker for many years, but have never owned a plunge router and it has been several years since I owned a standard router. I want to make simple signs for my own use; we own a kennel and have puppies to sell.

Found this site via a google search. Maybe I've something to contribute and am looking forward to participating here.

Bob
Harriet, Ar., USA

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Welcome Bob! Congrats on the new router. Is that the one with both the plunge and fixed base? Signs are fun to make. You can get several templates to make signs with. I think Milescraft sells one and I have the Craftsman set. I also highly recommend this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Wood-S...4X/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product/002-7412337-0437659

I have had this book for many years and it was recently updated and released again. Patrick Spielman is no longer with us but is a legend in wood working especially with routers and scroll saws.

Again, welcome to the site and have fun!

Corey

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome to the forums Bob. We have a few sign makers on this forum and they will be glad to answer any questions you have. Good luck with your sign making and your puppy sales.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all. I thought that had bought the wrong router, the Ridgid 2390 hasn't a template base; however somewhere I saw that the bases should exchange with the Porter Cable 690. So I'm off looking for the necessaries and waiting for the book to arrive. Thanks once more.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts