Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a retired Electronic Tect. All my life have been an avid woodworker. I own a CNC Shark Pro and enjoy it.
I would like to try carving PC boards. Would like some info, what type bits and carving depth.
Wayne

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, Wayne.

You will find many on the forum, from hobbyists
to professional with similar interest in the router and its uses.

Take the time to learn how the forum works and ask any questions you want.

Try to post your question in the most appropriate section as not all members
read the Introductions section.

The members are only too happy to help.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,917 Posts
Hello Wayne , really pleased to see you join the community, welcome to Router Forums!
I am sure that one of the members that deals with cnc routing may be able help you
Happy New Year

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Wayne and welcome to the forum. I thought PC boards were etched but then I tend to be badly out of date on such things. In fact I'm personally very close to being obsolete technology. If I were going to try that I think I would use a 1/8" down spiral solid carbide cutter if that is a small enough diameter. I think the depth would only need to be deep enough to remove the unwanted metal. I just picked up a circuit board for an LED driver and I think you'll need to adapt down to 1/8" shank so that you can use dremel bits for some of it.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,946 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wayne.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from another Shark owner. Mine has been sitting idle for the past year but finally got it set back up again.

If you haven't checked out these other Forums CNC Shark Forum and Vectric Forum. There is a lot of good information on both Forums as well as some cool projects that have been done on the Shark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts