Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I'm running a Grizzly G1019Z bandsaw. The 6" riser block kit was discontinued by Grizzly. Can anyone shed some light on a 6" riser block kit that would fit this machine?

Thanks!
Ron

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome Ron. I know that the cheaper Delta machines are made in Taiwan just like Grizzly's are. Maybe one of the members who has one can measure the bolt pattern to see if it's the same. Delta's 13" planer has the same castings and gearbox as maybe 6 other branded machines. I think there's a good chance there are other bandsaws that use the same frame as Delta too.

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
I looked long and hard for a riser block for my old Delta. The only one around back then was the Griz, but you had to machine off a positioning pin to do it. Hope someone comes up with it Ron, but one caution, it is not as rigid as a steel spine band saw, so make sure that bolt is secure.

I finally gave up and sold the saw. it's fine for everything but resawing.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
For what it's worth, I've heard of people making their own.

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Two 1/2" thick plates with pieces cut off a 5" x 3/8" thick flat bar welded between them. That should be pretty accurate and easy to fabricate. You just need to be able to drill the holes accurately and in line which could be done with a jig on the DP.

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
BE a welder? I beam? Grinder? Not really. I am not a welder, however I can weld, do have a welder - if I can ever get it back from my sons. Don't need an I beam, in fact just need whatever scrap metal pieces I can find. Have a grinder too, and would be handy alright for cutting the metal and smoothing, but with careful measurements and cutting, a hacksaw and file will work too.

Actually, after thinking about it, flat pieces of metal, drill, time, careful measuring, would also do it. Wouldn't be pretty, but would work. You guys forget, different background, so I don't think like you.

Riser blocks have even been made with wood, and apparently work well. Look it up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi All!

I'm running a Grizzly G1019Z bandsaw. The 6" riser block kit was discontinued by Grizzly. Can anyone shed some light on a 6" riser block kit that would fit this machine?

Thanks!
Ron
Were you ever able to find the riser block you're looking for?? I'm looking for the same one.

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
I have seen no information on that riser block for years. There was an issue with it not being ridgid so you were pretty much limited to a half inch to 3/4 inch blade max because when you tension the blade, the wheels go out of alignment and the blade creeps on the tires. That's part of why I sold my Delta rather than fuss with the riser. The steel backed saws are rigid as heck and easily handle 3/4 and up blades.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi All!

Thanks!
Ron
I bought a 6 in riser kit for mine from grizzley last summer and have not put it on yet but all the parts match up for it. Unfortunately I'm in the process of moving and the kit is packed in the bottom of a trailer so I can't get you a part # but there was a thread on this forum that i got it from. It's a stock item from grizzly and cost about $115. The only draw back ic when you put it in the saw requires 110 in blades which are hard to find.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts