Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any member here who works in an IT company? Our management is planning to hire a security service that will prevent data loss or would conduct a recovery program in case of loss. We created a research team for any project like this and I am one of the team leaders. PM me or reply here if you deal with this kind of service or feel free to give your opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
A few questions before I can attempt to answer yours. Where are you located and how many locations do you have? How big is your firm? Do you work with government or financial institutions? Do you collect and store consumer (including credit card) data? Are you looking for a national or local firm? Now, a tough one, how committed is your management to allocating the staff and finances to get the job done?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My friend advised me to use this company's services. She said she used their IT solutions for healthcare before and found their service excellent. And yes, they have something for disaster recovery as well. I think I'll just go with what she recommends but will first call the company for some questions and a price quote. I hope it goes well.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My friend advised me to use this company's services. She said she used their IT solutions for healthcare before and found their service excellent. And yes, they have something for disaster recovery as well. I think I'll just go with what she recommends but will first call the company for some questions and a price quote. I hope it goes well.
I your still using 2003 I would suggest an upgrade ASAP, 2003 was end of life in 2010, security is going to be your biggest problem.

Like I said I've been in IT a bunch of years (30 plus), I just retired from a 15 year run at a large bank as an IT Infrastructure Engineer. You need to bounce some questions off me feel free to PM me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts